No announcement yet.

June 11 Meet and Greet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to here about your wife's arthritis flare up. Hopefully, the meds will eventually kick in.

Comment

Originally posted by mmanolis2001 View Post
      I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm sure with the right meds and rest she will be out catching you again soon.
      Originally posted by moc View Post
      Sorry to here about your wife's arthritis flare up. Hopefully, the meds will eventually kick in.
      Thanks Mike. Thanks Martin. Appreciate the good wishes.

She was feeling better this morning and was all set to pack the truck but I told her to take it easy. Knowing her she'd go into warp 9 getting things together and then be hurting all day tomorrow. Better to get things stabilized then see how much she can do. If no one needs a discounted campsite I'll just have to eat it. That's worth it rather than seeing her hurting all weekend. She's been miserable so don't want to aggravate the situation.

Comment

I feel for her- mine kicks in from time to time and makes it tough to keep moving- but mine is mild compared to what it sounds like your wife's- mostly in my hands and knees- hopefully the cooler temps and lower humidity forecast for the weekend will also help
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Sorry to hear about the missus, and I'm glad she's feeling a bit better. We'll have to be sure she gets lots of fresh seafood.

The croaker to beat at the Tackle Box is 16". I think we can do it.

Originally posted by moc View Post
          I am curious, is everyone just going to fish, or are we stopping by a venue from some eats and drinks? I just want to plan accordingly?
          I'm not familiar with the bar/tavern scene in the area, except for the ones to avoid. Depending on the size of the group, there are a couple options for restaurants in the Lexington Park/California area, which is on the way out of town for most folks. There's a Mexican place, Monterey, that has lots of big tables and is pretty informal. There's a Thai place, Thai-Inter, that's a little more formal, it doesn't get busy before about 7, and we shouldn't stick out too bad. There's the usual chains: Panera, Red Robin, Applebee's, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday, most of them can be busy on a Saturday evening. There's a cash-only Greek place that's good, but I'll have to make sure they're open. Nicoletti's is a pretty solid pizza joint (the northerners might disagree) that should have enough room, plus they really good gelato. Or, we can pitch in and grill out on John's campsite. Are there grills on the campsites?
          Last edited by ictalurus; 06-10-2011, 09:21 AM.
          Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
          Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Don't forget Courtney's seafood in Ridge! A lot closer drive if you are camping down at PLO

Comment

If the fishing is anything like last weekend that 16" croaker will fall. We caught 5 over 16" on jigs.

Comment

Hey, I am game for whatever the group wants to do. I will bring a change of clothes incase I want to get out of a wet shirt. I am sure that I will work up an appetite when I am out there.

Comment

car is packed and ready to go! and as far as a place to eat and such as long as they have bluemoon and makersmark im down.
                  Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I am with you Pinch on that one.....BlueMoon...Yum.

Comment

• I'll be getting my gear organized today when I get home. Wont need much since I just plan on bottom fishing. Yak will be loaded up tomorrow morning!
                      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                        I'll be getting my gear organized today when I get home. Wont need much since I just plan on bottom fishing. Yak will be loaded up tomorrow morning!
                        i may take off and go troll somewhere, we'll see.
                        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

• So what's the official meet time and where?

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
                            So what's the official meet time and where?
                            the majority of people are meeting up at noon at the bait shop at PLO.
                            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinch View Post
                              car is packed and ready to go! and as far as a place to eat and such as long as they have bluemoon and makersmark im down.
                              Makers Mark!!! I knew I like you people.
                              Jim

Hobie Outback
                              TKAA member
                              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

• So what's the plan for everyone meeting at 8am? PLO Bait shop?
                                2010 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                                X